Amami de Night
～Night Lives of the Creatures～
The Explanation of the Tour
The multiple mountains, and the deep and dense forests in the subtropics
The forests in Amami with the poisonous habu snakes going around, and “Kenmun”,
a legendary monster watching over at night.
The world of jet black avoiding the human approaching turns into a paradise for wild creatures to live in.
The world for our unkown creatures now starts
when the stars begin to blink high in the sky.
ーWhat can be found solelyー
here is Amami Oshima that was separated from the continent of Juuracia
by the crustal movements about 2 million years ago.
Making their own evolution, the various unique valuable creatures live here.
“Amami Rabbit” designated as a special natural monument of the country:
a primitive rabbit that inghabits only the main island of Amami Oshima, and Tokunoshima Island.
there are the creatures designated as Amami endemic species, natural monuments, or endangered species.
Daytime creatures hide in the forests to rest
at dusk when the sun sets.
The night animals get active.
This is a tour to see the creatures that can be seen only in Amami.
ーThe Safe and Secure Guideー
The fields and forests for night creatures
The world of darkness in the subtropical rainforests protected by the habu snakes and Kenmun.
Our nature guides with sufficient knowledge of all the islands
that lead you into the different spaces under the starry sky,
and which are never stepped into, will escort around.
Why don’t you take a look into the night lives of the creatures???
You do not always find Amami Rabits or other animals since they are wild animals.
Please be aware of any impossibilities to meet them, although we do our best.
- The taxes and the insurance fees are included in the tour price.
- The meeting site is the parking area of “Michi no Eki Kuroshio no Mori Mangrove Park” in Sumiyo cho, Amami city.
- The maximum number of a tour is five together with other tourists. One is acceptable.
When the number is over five, please inquire beforehand.
- This tour will be held even in a light rain.
- Umbrellas will be provided when it rains.
- To inquire about the possibilities of the tour, please cantact us by phone possibly on the previous day of the tour, or at the latest before leaving the hotel.(The clear cut impossibilities leading not to hold the tour obligate us to contact you.)
- Basically during the tour, you stay inside the car and watch outside through the windows as there are dangerous livings like habu snakes outside.
- Please come in comfortable and moveable clothing. Foot wears, such as sneakers are acceptable and advisable.
- In the hot summer, specially hot in the day time, please bring your hats and drinks.
We have other tournotes.Please make a confirmation of other notes at the time to apply for a tour.
The Meeting Spot:
Located very near the Mangrove native forest along Route 58.
a spacious parking lot is available.
It will take about 30 minutes by car from Amami city Nase, or Koniya in the south,
one hour, or one hour and a half from Amami Oshima in the north.
Please report to Mangrovepark fifteen minutes before the tour starts,
and phone us at 090-7288-5980 when you arrive at the parking lot on the day.
（the taxes and
the insurance fees included）
(the tax included)
|tour duration||2〜3 hours|
|payment methods||to be paid in cash or with cards|
※1 :Please inquire about the chartered tours.